TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you and is relevant to providing you with the services and products you are seeking. The kinds of information we typically collect include your name, gender, address, phone number, facsimile number, email address, bank account details, medicare and concession details, place and type of business and/or other information relevant to providing you with the services or products you are, or someone else you know is, seeking. With your consent, we may also collect and hold sensitive information about you, including information about your health.
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you, by verbal interaction, through correspondence with you, or through any of our standard forms. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance or, where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected. Except as otherwise permitted by law, we only collect sensitive information about you with your consent.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
- providing specialised pharmacy services to you or someone else you know;
- providing you with information about other services, products and treatments that we offer that may be of interest to you;
- managing your pharmacy needs to reduce the risk of medication misadventure.
- assisting you with prescription management;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal or regulatory requirements;
- analysing our services, products and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services or products; or contacting you to provide a testimonial for us
FAILURE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services or products you, or they, are seeking.
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Generally, we only use personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- our related entities to facilitate our and their internal business processes;
- public hospitals, private hospitals, aged care facilities, medical practitioners and oncology units who assist us in providing services and products to you or someone else you know;
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of our business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern;
- our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about services, products, and various promotions
We are not likely to disclose your personal information overseas.
In some circumstances, the law may permit or require us to use or disclose personal information for other purposes (for instance, where you would reasonably expect us to, and the purpose is related to the purpose of collection). Except as otherwise permitted by law, we only disclose sensitive information about you with your consent.
We store your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by making a written request. We will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request (but not for making a request for access).
We may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act, and if we do, we will provide you with a written request that sets out the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons).
If, upon receiving access to your personal information, or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we refuse to correct your personal information, we will provide you with a written notice that sets out our reasons for refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to provide those reasons) and provide you with a statement regarding the mechanisms available to you to make a complaint.
Further, if we refuse to correct your personal information, you may request us to associate with your personal information a statement claiming that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and we will take reasonable steps to carry out that request.
COMPLIMENTS, COMPLAINTS AND FEEDBACK
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, Australian Privacy Principles or a privacy code that applies to us, please contact us as set out below and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you. If you are not happy with our response, you may complain directly to the Australian Information Commissioner.
Street address: 157 Wickham Tce Brisbane Qld 4000
Postal address: PO Box 10233, Brisbane QLD 4000
Telephone: 07 3832 2888
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/